Sunday 14 July 2013

STAR SHOWMAN, ‘EDUBOY’’ EYES LGA TOP SEAT



‘I will remodel Njikoka’, he vowed
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW BY SIGNOR OSAGIE CERUTTI: 08161628925(SMS ONLY PLEASE)

Formerly domiciled in the great city of London for many years, then off to picturesque Erith, Kent, our subject matter is nothing but a mixture of contradiction
A grade one showman turned politician. He means many things to many people, once dubbed London highlife king, his name is synonymous to glamor and the good life. He is not new to the game of style, and class is his calling

Indeed, Gone are the days that people see Local Government top job as a class act position
It is big deal, no wonder our guest today, Chinedu Nkwonta is talking large
In this most interesting encounter at Onitsha, the commercial nerve centre of the east, former commissioner under erstwhile Anambra Governor, Dr Chinwoke Mbadinujuh.Hon. Sir Chinedu Nkwonta a k a Eduboy superstar tells CERUTTI.classical.collection Editor-In-Chief his motivation to be the next ‘’mayor’’ of Njikoka and his undying love for music still. In was an interview held amidst loud vibration of his monster hit: GWAM GWAM GWAM. Excerpt



Facts about Njikoka
—  LGA  —
Country
Capital

Njikoka is a Local Government Area in Anambra State, south-central Nigeria. Towns that make up the local government are Abagana, Enugwu-Agidi, Enugwu-ukwu, Nawfia, Nimo, Abba, Umuriam-Nawfia.

QUEST:  Hon. Sir, it is good to meet you again. Please tell us about you
ANS: I am different things to different people. I am Chinedu Nkwonta from Nawfia in Njikoka Local Government of Anambra State, an economic strategist, political and media Consultant. I am a singer/song writer, Eduboy Superstar of London and was the rave of the United Kingdom for very long time. I am a Television Production Technologist from the University of Greenwich in London. I love to write and never scared to say my mind on any issue no matter what. I love people and know that we lack people with integrity, not just in politics but in all other aspects of our country. Why is it that we have fake products in the market, why is it that people are dishonest with public and private positions. It is very easy for us all to say that the politicians or the police are corrupt; the truth of the matter is that these groups are real reflection of the entire Nigerian society. We need a paradigm shift in all aspects of our society. When I say all, I sincerely mean it. So am all about passion, passion to help in changing and redirecting our common destiny that has taken a wrong turn, that’s all about me.
QUEST: So what position are you aiming for?
ANS: I have interest in the Local Government as before, to become the Executive Chairman of Njikoka LG. The reason for this interest is my absolute believe that the change of a nation is the change of the people and the people live in villages and towns in the LG. The LG is the closest government to the masses therefore the most important. As far as I am concerned the States and the Federal Government need to change their attitude of settling their thugs and others with the LG. It is the reason why we are not getting anywhere today as a people. Having this interest is not a matter of life and death for me, if the stake holders will be sincere with the vision of lifting our LG from the shackles of poverty into an era that will create visionary opportunities for our unemployed then they must change the selective and divisive bias that would only take us down the drain. Every person must not live in the village. I must not be visible in all burials and ceremonies for me to be seen by the people as a popular candidate. I think we should have the will to change our people for the better and must learn to use better yardsticks in measuring our candidates. I think it will make sense for all in the stake holders to look at all candidates from value adding angle rather than how many people I have bought drinks for since I have been around. Buying drinks for people is not necessarily an indication that the person will lead well or that we come from the same town. We need to stop all these nonsense, we need to move and move in line with the world. Let us empower the people so that they can buy their own drinks please.
QUEST: As Anambra will be running the LG election simultaneous with the Governorship, who are the top contenders in your opinion for Governorship?

 ANS: I think that the contenders are yet to come. There are few aspirants making small noise but I also believe that as the days draw nearer, the real contenders will start coming out. There is a difference between an experienced and non experienced, starting to make noise early is not an indication of strength, this journey is a journey of experience and I am sure you know we have so many experienced politicians. I am also a party man, APGA remains my party and I am a believer of the gospel according to Pastor Peter Obi. My candidate will be the candidate that is the choice of the governor and the party, simple and that candidate must be a top contender considering the turnaround developments going on in Anambra today than ever. I was not particularly fond of Governor Obi at the beginning; I still believe that his style can be unconventional sometimes; the truth is that it is working, how he thinks it and does it I don’t know. I have never seen a Governor that brings out his entire arsenal at a time he has no personal interest anymore. It means he has bigger interest than himself. We want continuity in Anambra so that we shall not lose in the economic and developmental structuring that have been put in place by Governor Obi. I also believe most sincerely that Governor Obi remains the only qualified person to tell us or appoint his successor, the reason for this is that he has worked with so many of us for so long and he knows our capabilities. I also know that he would not want to give us an idiot that will mess up his legacies.
QUEST; Having served Anambra people as a Commissioner in the past, our expectation is that you will be one of the candidates for Governor, why LG Chairman?
ANS: In every situation that you find yourself, you must be able to tell yourself the truth first. Being a Commissioner in the State does not give one an automatic impetus to believe that everything has to be in the State or Federal. My experience and believe is that the Chairman of a Local Government is more important than any other elective position. The higher you go, the more you are disconnected from the people and your input gets less felt. It makes sense to work with the foundation so that the State and the Federation can be founded on solid foundation. I think that my capabilities at this moment will benefit people from my LG, let us deal with that first and see.
QUEST: Are you confident of getting the ticket and eventually running and being the LG Chair in Njikoka?
ANS: It is not about me at all, it is about the reasoning behind the decision of the stake holders on who to send. I am a party man and believe in the spirit of democracy. If there are better reasons that will take me off the race, I will support any candidate that is chosen and make sure he wins and succeeds as the Chairman, it is about Njikoka people and not me, I am ok.
QUEST: Have you left music finally?

ANS: No singer/song writer or any artist for that matter leaves the practice; it is a gift from God and what is inside you die with you. I will always be in music till I exit

No comments:

Post a Comment