Monday 8 July 2013

EBELE THE FLUTIST: *ON REASON: ‘WHY I OPTED FOR GOSPEL MUSIC’


Chinua Achebe in his hit monster classic read: Things Fall Apart, said: ‘’ the chick that will grow to be a cock can be detected the very day it is hatched
Just this morning, I was reading an article  by Rev Fr Ojaje Idoko, the amiable Director, pastoral Affairs,  Catholic  Secretariat of Nigeria, Abuja, titled: NOW IS THE FUTURE
He did not call a spade by marine’s names in his first introductory stanza. He insisted, that any girl who will grow to becoming a good wife and mother, MUST have became a good one long ago, from her parents house
Now why am I myself using proverbial tone on this article?
It dawn on me because my encounter with top rising gospel singer and flutist, Ebele….show there is contradictory in Prof Achebe’s stand on chick and cock
In true sense, growing up was a different thing all together for Ebele, compare to what and who she is today.  This was what I was able to dissect from putting her story together-it was not an easy task
Is this chick a cock? Here her by her own admission, in answer why she is packed with so much iron brand of self/stage confidence
Hear her: I love music. But I simply opted for gospel to glorify God FOR the wonder he did in transforming my life from a shy young lady to a bold lady that I am today
‘’In  truth, growing up, I was extremely shy, too shy even for my comfort, not to talk of my parents or family, so shy that I can’t stand on the street to talk to people or buy something from a shop
‘’ WHEN  I look back to what I was as a kid and who am I today, I had no option than to say I ll leave the rest of my life glorifying the almighty creator for the wonder in transforming me  to Ebele then, and Ebele now
‘’Today, my work with God is my ‘’kick’’  and I want to leave the rest of my life glorifying God BY effectively representing Christ through my most unique brand of music, flute is my weapon, but gospel is my  playground’’ she postulated to CERUTTI CLASSICALS


No comments:

Post a Comment